'89 K=5 no start problem

My '89 k5 has been giving me hell lately. The engine will turn over all day long, but never fire up. Sometimes it will fire up for a split second and then shut off. There's plenty of gas in the tank. I have replaced all the plugs, wires, cap/rotor, and even the coil. My next suspicion if the fuel supply. I hear the fuel pump turn on when the ignition key is turned, so I'm guessing the fuel filter or injectors are bad? Any ideas? It's a 350V8 with TBI

Reply to
martin

Toss a shot of gas into the throttle body and see if it starts. You'll know if it's a fuel issue then. Follow Steve's advise. If you wanna work on FI systems a fuel pressure tester is mandatory.

Reply to
Repairman

Spark Control Module inside the distributor. Simple fix, just need a Philips. Buy two, and keep one inside the cab.

I know this is late, but I hope you got it worked out.

HDS

Reply to
HDS