tahoe seats

just wondering how hard it would be to remove the seats in a 1999 ish chevy tahoe. they are buckets and I plan on putting them in my Blazer. Is it just

4 bolts that hold them in; or more?? Also how hard is it to remove the rear seat as well? I am just wondering on what kind of task at hand I have and how long it should take me.

Thanks for the help guys; I really appreciate it. Rob

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

"Cheryl and Rob" wrote: > just wondering how hard it would be to remove the seats in a > 1999 ish chevy > tahoe. they are buckets and I plan on putting them in my > Blazer. Is it just > 4 bolts that hold them in; or more?? Also how hard is it to > remove the rear > seat as well? I am just wondering on what kind of task at hand > I have and > how long it should take me. > > Thanks for the help guys; I really appreciate it. > Rob

depends on alot. Are they power or manual? Also check because mounting could be differant in blazer. Cant just put new seats in and bolt streight to floor. most trucks/suvs have monting brackets under floor that seats mount to. But it shouln?t be hard for you to switch them out, if you cant use the existing mounts you may be able to have some fabbed up for you. I know of a guy who removed bench seat from early 90?s chevy truck and bolted in two bucket seats , just drilled holes and bolted to floor. He got in an accident and seat ripped bolts right through floor, him and extra weight of seat tried to go through windshield. The seat belt stopped them by braking a bunch of his ribs, puncturing a lung, lots of internal bleeding and some damage to his spinal cord.

Reply to
Maack