96 350 oil filter housing question

I have a 96 silverado I am going to replace the oil filter housing seal in. My question is does the oil cooler lines that screw into the housing have some sort of seal in them also? Is it just a regular o ring?

Reply to
stryped

They clip in and have a o ring type seal on them. (on the line themselves)

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Actually the o-ring is located in the fitting and not on the line. I have replaced them on a 96 and my 97, both the same way.

Reply to
Nuclear Option

I replaced a line on my 2000 K3500 last winter and the new one cam with a ring seal on the new line.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Reply to
stryped

That o-ring was supposed to go in the fitting that threads into the oil filter adapter.

Reply to
Nuclear Option

Not this one. It was a replacement the one inside the receptical it went into on filter housing that line was held into with a spring clip.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan