96 Chevy S10

Hi,

A friend is trying to replace the shifter stick on a 5speed manual transmission S10. We can't find one anywhere! Anyone know a source? We've spent two days driving around and searching the internet. Nothing. I suggested a salvage yard. Is that about it?

Reply to
Judig

You're even gonna have a hard time finding that late of a model in the junk yards

Hate to say this but: dealership?

Reply to
ken

It's amazing me that 1996 is actually that far behind us. I feel like this is a "vintage" truck already. I was trying to avoid dealerships because I think $$$$$ when I consider them. But - I just wrote down the numbers of two of them I'm about to call.

Thanks!

Reply to
Judig