1998 S10 Pickup - ECM I fuse blowing intermittently

Does anyone have any idea how the ECM I fuse on my 98 S10 p/u, 2.2L, w/ MFI keeps blowing intermittently? I will be driving down the road and the fuse just blows. It's just like someone turned the key off. According to my Haynes Repair Manual (ah, I know) the fuse appears to feed the ignition (I assume the module) and fuel injectors sourcing a ground through the Power Control Module (PCM). I have replaced the ignition module with a different unit, used but different. The coil packs are new. The blow again 3 days later. I have had the replacement fuse last as long as a week and as short as 5 miles. When I replace the fuse the engine starts up and I drive off. Has anyone had this problem before? Can a fuel injector(s) cause a direct short to blow the fuse. The PCM, since it is sourcing a ground, would not seem to be the cause (to me), but I don't know. Any experience in this area would be greatly appreciated. Terry

Reply to
Terry Neer