'96 Tahoe Needs a New Engine

I bought a '96 Tahoe W/100K+ on the odometer. After putting a few thousand miles on it the engine started to miss. Had it diagnosed and the engine has

2 cracked heads. Looks like engine was severely overheated by the previous owner. I'm going to replace the motor.

Any recommendation on who to talk to about getting a new motor? I live in the western portion of the lower peninsula of Michigan. Any idea on costs? Does Jasper Engines has a good name for themselves? What about buying a complete unit from GM?

Thanks.

GED

Reply to
Greg Downer

David Norris

Jasper is among one of the most popular remanufactures:

But, for a few dollars more. You can have genuine GM!

Go with the GM long block, it will be new and better!

Just my devalued $0.02

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King