98 Burb 5.7: Radiator Capacity?

20 quarts with a/c.

I think that I'd be looking for a leak...intake was common, block heater is common here in Canada, and water pumps are common too.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Couldn't find anything in the book.

Found it low last week - dunno how low, just that rez was empty.

Added to the "Hot" line twice. Now I just added the last of that gallon I bought and it didn't quite make it to the "hot" line this time.

Starting to wonder if I'm losing fluid. OTOH, if it were *really* low and the capacity is five gallons or so, maybe eating up that gallon isn't so significant.

?
Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

The gasket at back of intake manifold on rear of engine is where they usually seep. It is a fairly common problem

Reply to
SnoMan

It leeks to the outside of the motor,and down the back.So there is no need to worry about engine trouble.It`s usually just a small amount, and usually just burns off,so you don`t see any puddles.That was the case on my '97 Z71,so I`m pretty sure it`s the same.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

The intake gaskets on the Vortec v-8's leak both internally and externally. Often, the gasket leaks when the engine is cold, and then seals up when the engine warms up and the coolant dries up/ evaporates. If you have a look under the engine, you can sometimes see the coolant tracking down the front of the engine on either side, or it will appear to be leaking from the starter area.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Per SnoMan:

If that's the problem on mine, where's the stuff going? Into the fuel mixture?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)