More Fuel Capacity

Hi all In earlier model Wranglers you could modify the fuel lines inside the tank to give more fuel capacity, has anyone got any knowledge if this is the same for a 2001 model. Waiting in hope! Lushy Australia

Reply to
David

I don't see how modifying fuel lines is going to give you more capacity. That sounds like my mother who every couple years rearrainges the furniture in hopes of making more space.

If you need more capacity, add an auxillary gas tank and plumb it in.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Perhaps the mod drops the pickup height which would increase *usable* capacity - it's only a guess, since I know nothing of this mod.

That would be like your mother having a totally empty room blocked off, and finally discovering that if she opened the door and started using that room, there would be more space in the house for the existing furniture (except to most women, that just means you go out and buy more furniture to fill the vacuum of newly created space to the same level of crampedness - this is where the analogy to the fuel tank breaks down).

Bill Putney

Not a Jeep Tech but on the late 90's B-Van The fuel tank was the same for 26 gallon and I believe 36 gallon tanks. The only difference was the fuel pump . I think the only difference was the vent sat deeper in the tank causing the nozzle to shut off when filling. (possibly what the original poster was hearing about) Don't ask me why it was done that way.

Glenn Beasley

Reply to
maxpower

Hi...

I don't know either, but just a thought...

In some (if not all) places, the types and quantities of fuel stored (and in what type container) is specified and limited in our insurance policies. (not the vehicle insurance, but rather the house insurance)

An example might be that mine says I may keep no more than (2 cdn gallons now translated to litres, I guess - I haven't looked for years) in an approved gasoline storage container.

I wonder if the 36 gallon limit exceeded some or all of those? And if so, I wonder how wise it would be to modify it?

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

thanks a lo dude ... its a nice informations

Reply to
thiru

Having had a 79B150 & 92B250 both with a 36 gal tank. it was polethelene ? not metal. Protuded down more than the stock 20+ gal tank

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

This is a mod I have seen on the aerlier model wanglers, just by lifting the tube you got extra fuel cap. Was just wandering if any one had tried it on later models. Any leads on a auxilary tank then? Were to get one that is, I am in Australia. Lushy

Reply to
David