Cabin Filter

I know this was covered before,but can`t remember the details. Does my '04 2500 GMC 6.0 have a cabin filter? If so,where is it located and how many miles should it be replaced? I checked the owners manual,and it said nothing about it.

Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill

Your truck does not have a cabin air filter. The filters were discontinued after the '02 model year. If you remove the kickplate underneath the dash on the passenger's side you will see the opening where the filters used to go is molded solid and closed now, even though they still have the slot and screw hole for the filter access cover.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

Then why do I have one,and why did I get one from Auto Zone?

Reply to
Bill

Well, autozone dont know what they are talking about probally as usual

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Hey Bill, I am still trying to figure out the 2 screws, under your glove box, you removed in 2 minutes, . Are you sure you are talking about an 04 Chevy/GMC pickup? They all have 3 screws (hex head) and are bitch to get off and that is just for the cover, there is then another one to get the filter cover off. But being an 04 there won't be the one to get the filter cover off because there is no filter housing. Can you post pics of this?

Reply to
calhoun

Sorry! I know my '04 doesn't have one.I don't know what I was thinking.Maybe,cuz I just got done putting one in a friends car. Non GM. Didn't mean to start anything!

Sorry Again! Bill

Reply to
Bill