Any mods needed to bolt a front D60 into my K5???

Hi...

I have found a potential donor truck to get the 14-bolt rear out of. It so happens that it's an ex-military CUCV 1 ton, and therefore should have the Dana 60 front end.

I know that the 14 bolt will go in without much issue, mainly just a conversion U-joint to get the driveshaft to bolt up to the yoke. What about the Dana 60? Will a conversion U-joint do the trick? Will the front driveshaft be the correct length?

What issues can I expect when replacing the front and rear 10-bolts with the Dana 60/14 bolt combo?

BTW, a shop is doing the work for me. However, I want to make sure the operation goes as smoothly as possible, and that all parts are accounted for before the job starts as to get it done as quickly, and cheaply as possible.

Thanks,

~JP

Reply to
Jon Pickens