Re: `87 chev engine swap

Lookin for help.I have a `87 chev with a 350/fuel injected.Would like

>to put my 454 carb motor in that truck.Can I make the TPI work?Can I >make the carb work?What about engine wiring harness from an `86 will >that work if Iused the carb 454 motor?thanx Mark.

Not unless you get a computer for TBI on 454 because that year 454 did not have TBI and it is unlikely that ECM will support it either.

Reply to
SnoMan

"SnoMan" wrote: > [quote:86e8dd2c1f="dealermotorcycles"]Lookin for help.I have a > `87 chev with a 350/fuel injected.Would like to put my 454 > carb motor in that truck.Can I make the TPI work?Can I make > the carb work?What about engine wiring harness from an `86 > will that work if Iused the carb 454 motor?thanx > Mark.[/quote:86e8dd2c1f] > > Not unless you get a computer for TBI on 454 because that year > 454 did not have TBI and it is unlikely that ECM will support > it either.

So can I remove the computer and harness for the right side of the firewall,and get another harness from an `81-`86 that is on the driverside and run a carb on the 454?The plug looks the same. 8)

Reply to
dealermotorcycles