Ford Focus C-MAX cigarette Lighter Fuse????

Hi, Was wondering if anybody can help...

I've recently bought a Focus C-MAX on an 04 plate, very happy with the car. I went to plug my ipod into the cigarette lighter the other day and no power. :(

Have checker the owners manual, but no joy in working out which fuse it is. Was told by the ford dealer that it was a 15AMP fuse, but they didn't know which one it was.

So have pulled all the 15amp fuses, but they are look ok..

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Gibbo

Reply to
Gibbo

In message , Gibbo wrote

Is there more than one fuse panel in the C-Max? If so have you checked both panels?

On my 2001 UK Focus there are two fuse panels. One is in a box inside the engine compartment the other (with the cigar lighter/power socket fuse)is located behind the glove compartment. The fuse is 15Amp (blue)

The glove compartment hinges out - flex the plastic sides of the glove compartment using a TINY bit of force and pull it forward.

I believe that on US models the fuse panel is behind a panel in the drivers footwell

Reply to
Alan

Went down this route myself a few weeks ago when I blew the ciggie socket fuse myself (oops!).

ISTR it was fuse number 15 or 27. Maybe the '15' was the rating.

Al.

p.s. Just checked - It was fuse 27, a blue 15A one.

Reply to
Al