Avalanche floor lighting

This is something I've just noticed on my 9 month old '04 Chevy 1500 Z71 Avalanche...there's no floor lighting on either side! Dome courtesy lights and door marker lights come on when door is open, but no floor lighting? Any Avalanche owners out there who can tell me if this is normal or if I've got burned out/ missing bulbs or a fuse for the floor lights?

Reply to
Augustus

Harvey Carter

As I said in another post, they were removed for 2004

Reply to
Eugene

Thanks for the reply in the other group....when it warms up I will be retrofitting glovebox, floor and underhood lights.

Reply to
Augustus

Oops, I forgot it was in the other group :) Glove box lamp p/n is 12450028 then you need a two pin connector for it, gm has it p/n 12085535 but it costs more than the lamp. You'll need a .280 metripack pin and it plugs into pin C4 on the back of the electrical center on the floor under the dash (if you want to follow the factory wiring). I pulled out the radio and cluster and such and pulled two wires through the dash at the same time for the floor light and the glove box light.

Reply to
Eugene

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 08:56:52 -0500, Eugene got out the hammer and chisel and etched in the wall:

What a pain in the rear! They removed the lighting? Gee - I wonder how many pennies that saved GM?

I actually hadn't noticed it, so I'm not worried about it, but interesting to read.

Reply to
PerfectReign

I've been stifling this since the tread started, What your feet are afraid of the dark?

LOL

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

It just looks nicer and helps if you drop something in the floor. Light = good

Reply to
Eugene