bad vibration at idle and low speed

My 1985 Chevy S10 Blazer 4x4 with a 2.8 engine has this rumble at idle and low speed acceleration that makes you think the engine is coming apart....... but my mechenic says the engine is fine, and thinks the problem is either a cracked flywheel or something messed up with the torque converter.......... so before I take it to a trany man I thought I would just get some advice from people who maybe have had this similar problem....... the engine was rebuilt 3 years ago.......

What kind of repair cost am I looking at here........ aside from this shake, the trany seems to shift ok, and the 4 wheel drive worked good last winter.......

Reply to
don

A few years ago I got a good deal on a truck cause the salesman said it had a cracked flywheel. I got it home and crawled underneath to check it out and found the torque convertor bolts were all loose. Tightened them and the truck ran good.

Reply to
George

I had a locked up clutch fan shake the water pump loose.

Reply to
NCIII