Bed length: short vs. long

In ordering various items, catalogs list short beds and long beds only. Which one is the standard bed- if short or long are your only choices? Hopefully, that is not too stupid of a question! My guess is the standard bed is the long bed?

Tim Bluff City, TN

Reply to
Tim Urbin

Depends on your truck. An S-10 is normally a short bed and a full size C1500 is normally a long bed. The best thing is to measure the inside bed length, then you know.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

Thanks, Brian. I did forget to say its a 1990 K1500. It's an 8 foot bed (I think- I'll measure it for sure). Didn't know if they made a longer bed and don't think I have seen a shorter bed.

Tim Bluff City, TN

Reply to
Tim Urbin

The 8 foot bed is a long bed, my 1999 K1500 has the short bed at 6-1/2 foot in length.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam