Tail light circuit board

What symptoms do you get when you have a defective circuit board in a tail light? I'm still trying to find the source of a short.

Symptoms:

The left turn signal won't flash- just stays on after an initial "click". I replaced the flasher fuse with no change.

The dashboard lights will flash when the right turn signal flashing.

If I disconnect the rear taillight wiring, there is no change in the left turn signal (dash light still stays on when you turn the left signal on) but the right tail light now acts appropriately as a no load circuit (rapid flashing of signal).

Any suggestions? Maybe two different problems? Thanks for all the help!

Tim Bluff City, TN

Reply to
Tim Urbin

Rapid flashing indicates a shorted bulb. No flashing indicates, i guess, no load. It could be a broken wire in the turn signal lever.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle