Bell housing bolt patterns

I have a killer 302 small block Chevy V-8, I know of a number of small Blazers '86, '88, '92, '93 and '95 that I can pick up cheap. All need either a new engine or major engine work. I am going to go look at them this weekend. I don't know what engines they have in them, I think the "95 has a

4.3 V-6 (Buick ???) and the "88 has a 2.8 (???).

My question is what engines in these smaller blazers use the typical small block v-8 bolt pattern?

the 4.3 uses the same bolt pattern as a smallblock, and it's made by chevy, not buick....

There are a couple of companies that make adapter motor mounts for puttin a smallblock in an s-10, just do a google search....

HTH

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

Reply to
LKN4SNO

A 4.3 is a 350 with 2 less cylinders. Fairly easy swap. 2.8 is made by Buick, Dont even think about it...not worth it financially. If you have a classic and rare 302, why use it in a swap? Sell it to someone doing a restoration and buy a

350!
Reply to
Shades

someone doing a restoration and buy a

besides the fact the solid lifter 302 used in the Z28 was a serious top end motor... not exactly what you want in a truck.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

shades snipped-for-privacy@netins.net posted:

Agree with points 1 & 3, but the 2.8 litre V-6 is a Chevy engine, not a Buick. A nice engine with the 'correct' (for a V-6) 60 deg block, but was way underpowered for the S-10 Blazer. (It later became a 3.1 and us currently a

3.4)
Reply to
SPP1

Reply to
betty mettler

Its not an original 302. I build them for twin marine applications in Bandido Boats, using new bow-tie blocks etc. I just think a 302 would be a good fuel efficient/horsepower combo for a small blazer. Of course I can go with more displacement, if needed.

someone doing a restoration and buy a

There is NO replacement for DISPLACEMENT!!! Old adage, but still holds true! I have seen 454's getting nearly 20mpg if built for eficiency and driven that way. I have seen over 25mpg from a 350. Small is just small!

| |

Reply to
Shades

In general I agree that there is nothing like cubes when building an engine.However marine applications are a little different than automotive. In a boat you only have two gears (forward and reverse). In a boat you may cruise at 5-6000 rpm, while in an automotive application you would probably cruise at 2-2500 rpm. As for why would I use a 302? Because its there! If I don't have one on the floor, I have the parts to put one together quickly.

driven that way. I have seen over 25mpg