Best Tires for My SUV???

I have a 99 Jimmy 4x4 and I am trying to select a decent tire without having to pay 90 dollars a piece for them. I dont want car tires and they should be either 235/75-15 or 205/75-15. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Adam F

Wal-Mart has Uniroyal for $78 235`s AT(I never liked the brand though...)That's for the tire only.205`s look stupid on these trucks.

Reply to
Dafey

only.205`s look stupid on these trucks.

Reply to
Adam F

What size is it supposed to have on it? 99 could have been 205/75-15,

225/70-15,or 235/75-15 Remember that if you go up in size the speedometer and ABS may not work properly. OH and if you take it to some places they will only put stock (per door sticker) size on it. Wal-Mart has that as store wide policy now. Talked to a VP out of Bentonville about it. He said that there have been two lawsuits brought about because people wanted different sized tires on there vehicles, then sued Wal~Mart for installing them after they had a wreck. From what he said the lawyers went after Wal~Mart because the owners insurance company decided not to pay because the tires were not the approved size for the vehicle.

Not real surprising the way many insurance companies are doing things today. I know of one firefighter who is being told that the insurance will not cover him after an he was hit while on a call at a fire scene. Seems the insurance paperwork only names the " membership of the XXXXX Volunteer Fire Department" and does not specifically name him, even though he is a former Chief and a 30 year member of the department.

Reply to
Steve W.

The truck has 235/70-15 on it now, the sticker says all three sizes on it....This model is a Jimmy/Envoy, I dont know the difference, but I was told it was one of the last Jimmys of 99 made in canada

I want to put 235/75-15 on it.

I had tires put on my Spirit at walmart last year, it went in with the wrong size on it and thats what they put back on it, not what was SUPPOSED to be on it.

Wal-mart also wont put tires on a car that has a missing wheel stud either and they dont install them anymore.

Reply to
Adam F

If you don't want 235`s,you can at least get 215`s.That s what my 91 came with,then I went to 235`s when they had about 50% tread (they were car tires,ON A TRUCK...).If you really want a good tire,your going have to pay around 100$ each.Search online,I hear from a lot of people (my Doc was one lol) about the deals they got.Then take them some where to get mounted an balanced.Discount tire is good if you have one in your city,try calling them.NTW online also. Also what kinda driving do you do?It will help people give opinions.

Reply to
Dafey

If your still missing one ,You really should fix that,its not real hard.At least take it in and have it fixed,I cant imagine its real expensive.

Reply to
Dafey