BFG A/T or Bridgestone Dueler A/T

Looking to replace stock 265/75/16 with 285/75/16 on 2000 GM 4x4. Narrowed it down to BFG A/T's and Bridgestone Dueler A/T 's. Any comments on wear, noise, traction and price?

Thanks in advance Danno

Reply to
mxz1972

I've had the BFG's for just over 3 years, have about 25,000 miles on them (short trip to work). I've been a little disappointed with wet weather traction. In the snow they're GRRREAT, when they were new I couldn't do a do-nut, in an empty parking lot, in 2WD by mashing the gas, needed to turn the wheel. If this truck makes it to winter of

2004 >Looking to replace stock 265/75/16 with 285/75/16 on 2000 GM 4x4. Narrowed
Reply to
Mike Levy

Very sad story, I had my Bridgestone Dueler A/T revos for...uh....about

10hours...and maybe 40miles... Got them put on 9-5-03am wrecked my truck 9-5-03pm....... I didn't get to try them out in rain snow, mud or sand.. but I had Pathfinder Sport SUV tires on it (installed my dealer, TOTAL JUNK) they were P265/75/16" and I've got to say the ride of the LT285/75/16's from the Bridgestones was MUCH more stable and quiet.. BTW, Truck was a '96 Chevy K1500 Z71 with 350.

For whatever that was worth... *sigh*

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Reply to
Esty

How did you wreck it?

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

I turned in front of a 2003 Tahoe. Guy haddent even made the first payment on it. Both vehicals totalled.

I have pics at

The accident was my fault, as I had "failure to yield right of way." But because the street kinda goes up hill and two other truck were in front of me they blocked me from seeing him coming. I just simply followd the two trucks around the turn across the intersection, and next thing I know I was half way through the turn and I look out my passangers side window and all I saw was head lights and it was over about one second later.. quite sad. to make a long story short it was my fault and both trucks where totalled. I am pretty sure he was speeding and was also on his cell phone, he clearly was not paying attention b/c he never hit has brakes or anything.. I think he hit me doing 40mph. I mean look at the damage.. I was just going fast enough to make the left hand turn... But there still was no way (insurance said) to prove he was at fault.. oh well..

anyway, I now drive a Pewter '99 Silverado Ext. Cab, K1500, with a 327 and I really like it.. I still LOVE the old body style and the 350's tho. *sniff*

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

What was the truck valued at and what was the estimate? From my body shop experience, I have worked on stuff hit allot harder than that and weren't totaled! Granted, there probably is more that I don't see. But...

Reply to
Shades

I did not get any independant shops to give me an estimate on fixing the truck. Insurance allowed $12,800.00 After payoff of the loan I still had $4800 left. The insurance adjuster told me that they only total a vehical if the cost of repair is more then 75% of the value. so I assume he figured it was. One reason why I wasn't real excited about getting it fixed was because of all the damage that happend to the front end. Bent shock and A-frame, bent tie rods etc. Also the frame of the truck was bent. what I was worried about was it was going to never drive the same, and the adjuster was also worried about that, and he didn't want to see constant suplamentals on it..

Reply to
Adair Winter

RE/

One of my Duelers's sidewalls ripped open - 45mph, straight road, no potholes, no obstacles...no nothing... religiously-correct tire pressures.... Sucker just opened up. Sure am glad it didn't happen while rounding a curve in the middle land of I-95 doing 70.....

Firestone....Bridgestone.... from now on for me, it's nothing with "stone" in the brand name....

Reply to
(Pete Cresswell)

Danno,

I have the BFG AT/KO's on mine and LOVE them. 35k on em' and no signs of wear at all. Pretty quiet for an aggressive tread tire on the highway, KICKS ASS in the snow, and decent in the rain as well. I plan to run them on all my trucks for as long as they make them.

Go with the LT tires and not the P tires; firmer ride and much better handling IMO.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Broke down and bought the BFG's A/T's today. Revo's way too much $$ up here in Canada. Thanks for everyone's input.

Reply to
mxz1972

good deal, i'm sure they will make you a good tire.. down here in texas, the revo's were cheaper

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

I just put a set of Dueler A/T Revos on my Xterra, I don't know about wear, but wet and dry traction is excellent, and they're a very quiet tire.

Jeff B

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's 285/75/16 on my 96Z, just got them and love them. Smooth, quiet, great handling and look very, very sharp. Had previous model Bridgestone Dueler A/T 285/75/16 for 60k and the their first

50k they were great. They are an 8 ply with a max PSI of 65 (I run 44 psi unless towing) and a higher load rating than factory Goodyear's which by the way sucked.

I got them locally for $770 installed, mounted and balanced from Hibdons/Tires Plus.

Reply to
KrazY