Gear Ratios?

'88 2500(6lug) 350 4spd(I think that's what he said(maybe a 5spd) I don't have it, but a friend might buy it as a parts truck and I was thinking of doing a auto-manual conversion on my 'Burban...

What gear ratios do the manuals of that vintage have? Also, did they have

4spd manuals in '88 or had they gone to all 5spds with the new pick-up bodies?
Reply to
Shades

don't have it, but a friend might buy it

have 4spd manuals in '88 or had they

No way to tell without the RPO codes dude. It'll start with GU or GT.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Don't tell me that! I need SOMETHING to be easy! Well at least tell me if they were 4 and/or 5spd in that vintage?

| > What gear ratios do the manuals of that vintage have? Also, did they | have 4spd manuals in '88 or had they | > gone to all 5spds with the new pick-up bodies? | | No way to tell without the RPO codes dude. It'll start with GU or GT. | | Doc | | | >

| |

Reply to
Shades

There are gear ratios in the SM465's?

~KJ~

if they were 4 and/or 5spd in that

Reply to
KJ

But is that the ONLY trans that was in the '88s? When Did the Getrag appear?

| > ~KJ~ | |

Reply to
Shades

dunno, but just incase you didn't know the sm465 is a 4spd

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

That much I knew...But thanx.

| |

Reply to
Shades

Sorry I couldn't help.

Reply to
KJ

if they were 4 and/or 5spd in that

Dude, the sticker is in the glove box, relax. Find a code that starts with GU or GT and we'll decipher it for you.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

here's a link for tranny x-ref...good reference area for trannys

Kawika

The Sm465 Bull-low is 6.55:1, thats the only one I remember off the top of my head.

Reply to
Demon