BugFlector II installation question

I just purchased a BugFlector II for my '04 Suburban. Installation was a snap, but also included 4 rubber "bumper" buttons - these stick on small rubber things about the size of a pencil eraser. The instructions seem to imply that you stick these things on the hood at designated points "to reduce vibration".

I hate to stick these rubber bumpers on the hood of a brand new Suburban in the area the bug shield is supposed to protect!

Any others have this problem on installation?

This same model of BugFlector also fits the 99-02 Silverado.

Thanks!

HH

Reply to
Hubert Hickman

Most all close fitting deflectors use these bumpers.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

I feel the same way. I stick these "bumpers" upside down to the deflector itself, that way they are not stuck to your hood.

John

Reply to
JWH

Stick them to the back of the deflector at the points it is closest to the hood. They prevent the deflector from vibrating and cracking. And they keep it away from the hood while you are driving, it will flex some and the bumpers prevent it from hitting the paint. Also a REAL important item, make sure you wash behind the deflector every time you wash the truck, You will regret it if you don't. The deflector will hold moisture and dirt tight and cause the hood to rust. I also install stainless fender washers under each screw between the deflector and the hood to keep moisture from staying there also. if it is stuck on with tape I usually cut slits about every inch in the tape for the same reason.

Reply to
Steve W.