Question: Anti-Theft Devices

I'll will be taking my Ff150 off comprehensive insurance, any suggestions on 'effective' anti-theft devices will be appreciated. Thank You.

Reply to
moli n ny

Remington shotgun.

Reply to
Vincent Vega

Yes, pull your Ford emblems off and put on Chavy emblems, no real car theaf would steal a chevy. LOL

Reply to
Ron Fliger

come on guys. please?

Reply to
moli n ny

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:45:17 +0000, moli n ny rearranged some electrons to form:

There's really nothing that will stop a determined and professional car thief. Of course, some type of alarm system may scare off the less-determined kids.

Do a google search, you'll probably find lots of ideas.

Reply to
David M

I installed an alarm on my 150 last weekend. First one was defective (couldn't adjust sensitivity after the first day / panic kept going off), second one, umm, defective (sensitivity OK, but wouldn't sense voltage drop for the opened door/hood alarm). Took 'em both back and am looking for a better solution that won't cost a fortune.

I wanted it to protect against neighbour kids pounding it with baseballs, indian rubber balls, golf balls, frisbees, hockey pucks etc (they never seem to know who's ball it was and my deductible is being forced higher). Even at it's most sensitive it wouldn't detect a good open hand slam on the side door or bed area. It wouldn't detect me unloading the truck bed of cargo (beer), nor shifting the truck back and forth with my knee at the back. It would however detect a light tap at "certain" areas of the hood.

I think these alarms may work better on a little unibody car instead of an isolated body on frame design. Also, you can buy alarms with 2 or more sensors, that may work better on an f150, one for the front, one for the back.

If you're just looking for a current drop sensor that will detect an opening door (dome light turning on), you should be able to get one on the cheap and install it yourself (buy it from a store with a great return policy - just in case it's carrrappp).

If you find something good, let us know - I'm still looking.....

Reply to
NoSpammmy42

A google search will give you lots of info. Try terms like "effective car theft deterrent" for example.

If you can afford it, Lojack vehicle tracking systems are good.

Much cheaper: park in well lit areas, don't leave valuables in view, install a hidden kill switch, use a club device, park near a Honda.

-- Josh

Reply to
JDub

Hahahaha, you got that right. You'll have a Mustang Cobra idling unattended and the kid with his pants half down and six hats on (all on backwards, upside down and sideways) tryin' to break into a Hondacar 10 feet away.. Must be the purple neon windshield washer nipples that gets 'em all excited..

Here's to Hondacars!!!.. May the little hoodlums always love 'em!!!

Reply to
NoSpammmy42

Wire the dome light circuit to the horn with a toggle switch in an inconspicuous place and engage it when you exit...will scare the living S#*% out of the thief. Also you can connect at CB radio to the circuit with a rubber band around the mike and set up a monitor and tune to an off channel. One blast, thief has moved on; the second deserves personal attention. A kill switch also helps. Truck on! Herb in deep East Texas

Reply to
Herbert Foster