Buying Opinions Needed

I'm getting down to the final decision on buying myself a used Chevy S10 ZR2. My choices are:

1) 2002, Pewter with graphite interior, 63K miles. $14,500.

2) 2001, White with gray interior, 30K miles. $14,500.

Both are nearly identical in condition and options. Visually, I like the pewter with the graphite interior much better than the white with gray interior combination. However, the white truck has half the mileage..and they're the same price. My question is this: How well do these trucks hold up to high mileage? In other words, the smart & sensible side of me says to get the white truck with low mileage becuase it'll probably last longer with less problems. On the other hand, I think I would be happier with the pewter one as far as asthetics go. Are S10s a high-mileage truck? I've noticed that there doesn't seem to as many used S10s for sale with high mileage as compared to Silverados, for example. Do they crap out quicker than some other trucks?

Thanks in advance!

Tony

Reply to
Tony F

Mark

I would go with #2. Mark

Thanks, Mark.

Tony

Reply to
Tony F

Mark, go with # 1 Reasons:

  1. you like it better and it will make you happy
  2. it's one year newer 2002
Reply to
Art

I`d go with the lower miles. You`ll just have to learn to like that color. I did with my last truck,and it turned out to be great. Just my .02

Reply to
Bill

I just drove home the white 2001 with 30K miles. I absolutely love it. Almost perfectly flawless in every detail.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm sure you'll see me around on the group from time to time.

Oh yeah...when I got home with the truck there was a message on my answering machine telling me the pewter 2002 had sold. So everything worked out.

Tony

Reply to
Tony F