Buying tires on Ebay???

Has anyone bought tires on ebay. A fellow told me you could get great deals on tires.. Anybody know anything? mine is a 92 Z71 nothing to aggressive

Reply to
Fatdaddy

I bought a pair of tires and wheels on eBay...GREAT price on em...shipping KILLED me...I could have gotten em for less(total to me) locally.

A quick note about eBay, ask ALLOT of questions and get a shipping quote BEFORE bidding and figure it into the total cost of what your buying...i.e. bid price + shipping cost = total cost! Sounds like a DUH but it is easily overlooked by ALLOT of bidders on eBay!

Reply to
Shades

I have both bought and sold tires on Ebay before. Sold a set for a friend, they were off a new Cadilac SUV. He prefered a different brand than what came on the vehicle. The guy that bought them got a great deal!! One note: Shipping charges for the tires varied greatly between shipping agents. UPS wanted $41.00 per tire from Illinois to Florida. Fed Ex shipped them for only $12.00 per tire. All I had to do was wrap them with plastic kitchen wrap and stick a address label on them. I also bought a complete set of stock wheels and tires for my Jeep Cherokee. I got the set of 4 for only $100 and the seller even thru in a new set of chrome covers. The seller on these only lived a short distance from me, so I just picked them up in person and saved on the shipping. Good Luck in your search. SL

Reply to
Trapshooter870