Hood Light on 93 Wrangler?

Could this be what the dangling wire, I have, is for? Could someone look at theirs and describe it?

Reply to
Jeepers

Howzabout you tell us exactly where yours is located? On mine, the hood light harness exits the main (fat) loom that crosses from the driver side to passenger side on the firewall behind the tranny dipstick (if you have a tranny - I do), or in most cases, just above where the black rubber phallic device hangs down coming out of the firewall, on the passenger side, to the right of the battery tray, if you're facing your engine with the hood up (how else do you look under the hood, anyway?).

Now I've got everyone looking under their hood to see what the hell I'm talking about

OK, so it's not a good replica - the lower end of the foam hose is crimped closed unlike any thang I've ever seen, nor ever care to.

The hood light harness measures about 18" long and inside the split black plastic protective shield appears to be a black and red (or pink - hell, it's nighttime outside, so bear with me) wire pair. The harness is terminated with a DC plug that connects to the hood light base/mount. A white plastic hood covers the bulb, which is a bayonet type, and the base is mounted about 9" toward the passenger side from the center of the hood, on the rear horizontal hood "beam" (where the hood has a structural element that your factory AC tag is riveted to, if you have AC, of course). I hope that this helps...

Regards,

Doug Gavilanes Garden Grove, CA.

Jeepers wrote:

Reply to
Doug Gavilanes

There was a thread called mystery wire. But no matter...

about 18" long and inside the split

Yes, thats it! It's not in my Chilton's. I was worried that it was to some sensor.

Apparently I am missing the bulb and mount.

Anyone have one they wanna send me? :^) My wife is into assessorizing her Jeep.

Thanks Doug

Reply to
Jeepers