check brake light flashing on dash all the time

90 chev 4x4 WT1500, check brakes light is flashing all the time. Have checked parking brake cables and pulled up on parking brake lever. Still flashing. It has new shoes on the rear and new pads on the front and master cylinder is full of fluid. The brakes are good. The only problem is the light flashing is annoying. Both brake lights are working on the rear. Any ideas? Charles
Reply to
charles bridges

I think you better start looking at the ABS unit and/or the proportional valve.

Reply to
Stephen Young

No ABS. How would I check the proportional valve? Could it be strictly an electrical problem? Charles

Reply to
charles bridges

My brother's 1988 k1500 has ABS on the rear only - maybe the WT's didn't come that way. As for the proportional valve - might be just that the switch inside needs to be reset to the center position - often times driving fairly slowly & SLAMMING EXTREMELY HARD on the brakes will do the job. Might take several attempts.

Reply to
Stephen Young

Reply to
airwave

Is the light flashing in any sequence. I have a 2 wheel drive and this morning it is flashing with 10 short flashes and then 1 longer one. Any ideas?

Reply to
innovatorengineer