chevy 350 oil filter adapter

Hello. I replaced the oil filter adapter on my 350 today. I'm a littl

confused as to whether it needs a gasket or not. The new part didn' come with one although the instruction sheet says it comes with/need one. A book I have says no gasket is needed. Which is correct? Gasket o not? Thanks for any help! :

-- Jonatha

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jonathan's Profile:

this thread:

Jonathan

If it's just the adaptor that screws the filter directly to the block, no gasket. If it's the one for the oil cooler lines it gets a gasket and an o ring.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

Johnathan,

Put a gasket on it... it's cheap insurance against leaks...

Reply to
Dzlman95