chevy S10 dies when putting it in Drive.

I have a 94 S10 Blazer that dies when you put it in drive or at idle when giving it gas. Most of the time it idles ok until you press on the gas it bogs down and dies or wants to die. When you let go of the pedal it idles ok.

What Ive done is change the fuel filter read the codes and only a 43 is given, which is the nock sensor and which has been replaced( I still get that code). The fuel pump is only a couple of years old. Ive changed the IAC. It has good wires rotor cap and plugs. I can here the fuel pump coming on and have checked the fuel pressure and it is within specs(54-64 psi). I've also tired a good coil and a good TPS still no go. While changing the fuel filter I did notice a milky subtance in the gas. I took out as much fuel as possible and towards the end notice it wasnt toataly clear(milky). It starts every time it is attempted even after dieing. It seems like after sitting for a day or so it will rev up ok until after moment or so when this problem starts to occur. I am thrown for a loop not sure if it is fuel related or computer related. Any suggestions will help. Also any suggestions on the knock sensor code would help too. Or is it related to the problem?

Reply to
el_galindo2004

I had an old 3/4 ton Chevy truck many moons ago. I was at a bar one night, and I think someone, out of some unknown spite, poured a beer in my gas tank. The truck would run at idle, but crap out if I tried to give it any gas. Sounds like a similar situation, especially since you mentioned "milky" substance in the fuel. Clean out that tank, anf flush the fuel system and try it again.

BTW, I had 2 tanks on the truck, so I just switched over to the other tank and it ran fine. Drained the bad tank, and I was good to go.

Charles

Reply to
Shelldigger

I HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM WITH A 96 S10 DID ALL KINDS OF CRAZY SHIT IT TURNED OUT THAT THE MAP SENSOR WAS BAD

Reply to
DIGGACHEVYMAN