Chevy S10 Fuel Problem

I have a 1992 Chevy S10 4.3 V6. I replaced the Fuel filter, fuel pump relay, and fuel pump and it still doesn't run I know it is a problem with the fuel because, I can put some fuel in the carb. and it runs until it burn what I put in. I used a test light to test the fire going to the tank, it has a plug where the hot and ground wires are coming down the rail of the truck that plugs into the wires going up to the pump, It shows a good bright light on the side coming from the rail and a poor weak light on the side going to the pump. The guy at the auto parts said to cut the plug out and wire it stright, so I did and it is still the same ( bright on one side and weak on the other) does anyone have any ideal what it going on. The only other thing I can think of is I got a bad fuel pump at the parts house or it has a short in the line some where.

Reply to
runningwater

Have one person stick his/her ear right next to the gas tank, and another person turn the ign key on ....Ya otta hear a whirring noise inside the tank for a few seconds..if not..the pump ain't a-working

Look for another thread about this same problem on a '91 a few daze ago

Reply to
ken

This sounds just like what I went though. Check out a few post below yours,titled "89 454 TBI will not start". Anyway make very certain that the ground wire from tank to frame is clean and not broke. Also clean the frame with sand paper or file to make sure the ground has good contact. This was my problem. I know what your going though. Hang in there you will get it started. Just thought of something, I had a 89 S-10 kind of the same problem you are having. There was a oil pressure sensor that went bad, it was located right where you put the oil filter, yours maybe different, But anyway look for an oil pressure/fuel pump switch, or a low oil pressure sensor, even if you don't have low oil pressure look into it. If I remember right when I had this trouble my oil pressure gauge needle kind of bounced around alittle, due to the sensor shorting out. When the sensor went bad it shut down the fuel pump to prevent possible engine damage. Good luck. 8hawg>>>

Reply to
8hawg