s10 fuel problem

my 2001 s10 4.3(CSEFI) quit. The fuel pump was making a funny noise when I tried to restart it so I replaced the fuel pump and filter. Fuel pump now sounds just like it is supposed to, but it still won't start.

It starts and runs when I pour a little gas into the throttle body.

I think I have good fuel pressure.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe Tho

yes

VERIFY fuel pressure

Reply to
TranSurgeon

for that I will need a gauge with a schrader fitting, I will go find one.

I tested it the cowboy way- listened to the pump run normally for about

2-3 seconds, then waited about ten minutes and loosened the line at the filter and it started to spray a little, so I figured I have good pressure. Don't know if it is 55-60 psi like it is supposed to be, but I will check.

Is there a way to check (or over-ride) the fuel pressure sensor? My book is a little unclear, but it appears to behind the throttle body, right next to the fuel line fitting. It is a little wobbly- is that normal?

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe Tho

fuel pressure is 57-58-59 something like that. Within specs.

Reply to
Joe Tho

Today's cars can't be diagnosed by old throw parts at it and keep guessing. You need to put an OBDII tester on it and diagnose it from the computer....

Reply to
Woody

did you put the lines back on correct?

Reply to
tudysmuck

Yes. The old pump works when given proper voltage. The problem is in the dropped voltage. I think the sensor suggestion is going to be it. Will post the result. Still open for anyone's experience.

Reply to
F.H.

Reply to
Chevrolet