diesel s10

does anybody know of a deisel s10 for sale? i know they exist, just not to many of them. i think it was only around 4% of the 80?s model s10s had a diesel, but they do exist. If anybody knows of one, please let me know

Reply to
diamondjim

Donor vehicles besides the S-10, Chevy Chevette, Isuzu I-mark sedans, Isuzu pup trucks. Because those years were mechanical fuel injection, ie gear driven injector pump, swapping gas to diesel is not that hard.

Oldsmobile Cutlass Cieras had a diesel V-6, again mechanical injection, had a standard Chevy bolt pattern for bell housing.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Hi!

I have been halfheartedly looking for one, but I have never seen one except in pictures that another poster on the group sent to me. I asked for more (like some of the whole truck) but never saw them...

That was a bummer...I really wanted to see the whole truck.

You can see the pictures I was sent here:

(WARNING! These pictures are quite high resolution and may take a LONG time to download! They are also posted without-really-asking-if-it-was-OK, so they might disappear if the owner objects...)

Someday I'd like to find a good running (that's the primary concern) example of a Diesel Chevette. I drove one a long while back.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh