Do you guys go 4 wheeling???

I thought this was alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks; i didn't know it was extreme.offroading.beat.the.hell.outta.your.bowtie. I mean, I didn't know i was obligated to offroad to read this newsgroup; I get on here for questions when my truck tears up. I mean, can't we all just get along and post whatever the hell you want to about Chevy 4x4's?

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

You're new here, right?

Reply to
SBlackfoot

well i just joined this group hoping to talk about 4x4 performance and upgrades, not all these daily problems on the new trucks. I have an 1989 K5

700R4 - NP241 - D60 5.13 LOCKED - 14FF 5.13 DISC LOCKED - 37" SSR - 4" TC EZ RIDE & ORD FLIP and constantly work on it for fun, i'm getting rock sliders, tube bumpers, soft top, etc etc for it. I hope this news group can offer me some ideas and such for it. BRanndon

Reply to
Branndon

sorry for the caps, i just copied the text from a website its at, also here is a working link to the pic

34.jpg

Reply to
Branndon

I know what you mean dude. I have an 85 K-10 LWB that I'm thinking about building up. Just slapped on a set of 33s for the time being, but I have a set of 35x14.5 SS TSLs in the garage that are begging to go on the truck.

What other NG and BB do you hang out at?

I have been on this NG for about 3 months and haven't seen anything on true build ups for wheeling.

Marc

> 34.jpg

Reply to
Marc

well only this NG really, but i'm a real active member over at

or just go to the message forums here
that is the"garage" forum but its the most active and non paying members can postthere. My username is BranndonC.

> > 34.jpg

Reply to
Branndon

Derek you do not know what you are talking about! I also have a 1989 K5 Full size blazer 4X4, And after my "4 lift and new motor (crate) 5.7 400 HP and 33's I can just about go anywhere I want! Cornering is a dream. Sure you have to be an adult and not get yourself killed! Tip Over? You sound like a puss! "I better not do it or I'm Gonna get hurt" Get yourself a little jimmy and lower it! You will feel better driving mom around. (No pun Jimmy guys) I'm thinking about getting a body lift as well. I pull guys out of mudd and snow here in Wisconsin and the guys and a few girls are now getting lift kits!

Reply to
Web Master

Somehow,on Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:26:16 -0600 (CST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Web Master) managed to spout out:

so you must be the one that ordered this snow here... where about in Wisconsin? I'm in Langlade County and I've had enough already.

MIke `02 Silverado 2500HD

Reply to
Janitor Boy Jr

Madison. Better late than never on the snow thing! Northern Wisconsin has been getting hamered. It's about time that we had our turn. Makes me happy! Better fishing going on then. Need te snow cover on the Lakes. Lookin for the 22" Large Mouth Bass. Larry

Reply to
Web Master

I knew I had seen that truck before! Nice rig. Someday mine will be nicer-er but....

:-)

~TLGM

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

Love snow, love sleds! Gimme more gimme more!

~KJ NH~

Reply to
KJ

Somehow,on Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:54:53 -0600 (CST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Web Master) managed to spout out:

I'll tell you what. you send me some warm, dry weather, and I'll trade you all the snow and ice you want. I want to ride my bike but can't get it down the driveway.

by the way - I think there's a couple of muskies up here in Pelican Lake calling your name...

Mike `02 Silverado 2500HD

Reply to
Janitor Boy Jr

not since yesterday down in Red Rock Canyon SP in Southern Cal and the day before that in Death Valley NP......BUT my roomie and passenger Lorna wouldn't let me drive to Racetrack Playa after seeing the warning sign of [4WD only next 30 miles] (damn she's no fun no mo)

Would you believe there's a place called Crankshaft Junction in Death Valley? A fork in the sand-gravel-dirt-rock road where people have left a pile of rusty crankshafts!!! LOL

Reply to
ken

I came across a spot out in the Allegan swamp where someone had arranged four old wheels and an oil pan to look like someone flipped and sunk...

At least, I *think* someone arranged them - it's mighty deep out there...(I could afford to find it funny, I was horseback.)

Reply to
Cricket

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (ken) wrote in news:24168-40169250-365@storefull-

3337.bay.webtv.net:

Hey Flakey! I am headed to Stovepipe for my 10 year wedding anniversary in May. Any information or advise regarding taking my '99 Yukon out. How well are the trails marked? Do they have narrow trails marked for mini's only?

Bomber

Reply to
Bomber

By May it's gonna be fairly hot there....They give ya a map when collecting the park fee...the roads northwest out of Scotty's Castle are all rock/gravel, but the main roads are fine.

If ya send me your snail address I'll mail it to you so you can see what's there....ken

Reply to
ken