Super LOUD exhaust on a 94 Silverado 1500

Hey guys... quick question...

I have a 1994 Chevy Silverado 1500. Nice truck, with a great sounding engine. It's a 305 and is in good condition. My question is... does anyone know of a good reference site or have personal experience on installing an add-on to my exhaust system to REALLY bring out the sound of my truck? I dont want no bull shit "cherry bomb" sound... ugh... I'm just lookin for a reasonable priced add on that will really allow people to hear the balls of my truck when I'm driving. Anyone got any ideas or good websites? Thanks!

Reply to
K. Hall

I dunno where you guys live but up here in Canada those downturns under the pickup box are sure to rot the sh** out of your box. I even lost the ass end out of the drivers side of my frame rails on my '86 GMC after less than 2 years. My Tip - get that poison gas out from under the truck no matter what.

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

Well, if that's what you really want, then eliminate the muffler altogether and replace it with a suitable piece of pipe. Keep the cat's and the tailpipes. Cheap and will probably get you what you want without being illegal. If you don't care about no stinking laws, just put downturns after the cats, and leave the tail pipes on to fool those that might have inquiring ticket-writing minds. There are a few mufflers out there that are suitable and will give you a deeper tone, but they would get real old driving around. Are you sure a set of flowmasters isn't what you're looking for?

Now, as far as a 305 Silverado having balls....

A 4.3 in an S-10 is going to leave you in it's wake.

Reply to
John Alt

I assure you the rust had nothing to do with the exhaust configuration.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Personally, since I work at a shop that installed mufflers all day long, a Flowmaster setup is the way to go! A 40 series Flowmaster with a duel exhaust out the back is the way to go. Either straight out the back or off to the sides. You can even have the Exhaust come out the flowmaster out to the side in front of the Rear tires if you like. You can go to Flowmaster's Web page and they have sound samples there that you can hear for yourself. I'd never put a glasspack setup on a newer truck, sounds like crap! It's fine for the old Hotrods for example for that classic sound. I have a 50 series installed on my truck, it's not quite as loud as the 40, but I didn't want as much sound, and I wanted it quieter in the cab of my truck when I have the windows rolled up and the radio on!

Reply to
JBDragon

hah nice crack with the S10 comment, I've never known ANY 305 with "balls" Anyways, you want something with a good deep tone pickup a set of the DynoMax Race Magnums (UltraFlo's, same thing) They're pretty loud even just putting around with my big block, and once you lay the foot down... damn, they're loud :)

oh yeah, they're next to nothing price wise too

Reply to
Tony

just had duals w/40 serices Flowmasters installed on my 93 S10 this week...they're da bomb!

oh and did i mention? my S10 has a 300HP SBC...sounds very good with the Flowmasters...

Reply to
Jim Horne

OK... OK so maybe the term "balls" wasn't really appropriate to use :-D What I mean is just to have a good sounding exhaust. I've heard some thing about Flomaster... some good... some bad... I would like to keep the same/better gas mileage if I could (even tho it sucks currently lol) I just dont want to add something thats gonna make my MPG go down thats the last thing I need! What other things could be affected (performance wise) by adding on Flowmaster or something similar? Thanks fellaz!

Reply to
K. Hall