Educated guess please

This is the text of a post of mine from July 9th.

I have a 2001 Jimmy SLE with 46,400 miles. Today while getting on the highway with four people weighing in at 550 lbs and 75 lbs of additional load I accelerated from about 35 to 70 and the service engine soon light came on and flashed on an off for about one minute and then went back out.

This happened a second time today under exactly the same circumstances and conditions.

The truck ran fine with no noticeable loss of performance, pinging, or anything else.

I continued to then drive 80 miles with no additional complications

I have never had the light come on before except when starting and all the lights come on as and then go out.

Does anyone have an idea what this is all about.

Thanks, Double Tap

Today when getting the oil changed I asked my shop to scan for any codes. They said everything was perfect no codes.

Since the incident described above I have had no problems at all with the service engine soon light coming on.

Does anyone have an educated guess as to why the light came on as it did?

I also have not had the opportunity to duplicate the circumstances of having the people, cargo and road conditions.

Thanks Double Tap

Reply to
DBL Tap

If the light was flashing this would indicate that the ecu was picking up conditions that could damage the catalyst. Overfueling, secondary ignition miss etc. This usually does not set a code so you need to find out if plugs etc are in good working order or could be as simple as a bad O2 sensor.

David Short

Reply to
Acura God

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

The answer to Michael McNeil No It does not.

Reply to
DBL Tap