Another check engine soon question

I have a 2001 Jimmy SLE with 46,400 miles. Today while getting on the highway with four people weighing in at 550 lbs and 75 lbs of additional load I accelerated from about 35 to 70 and the service engine soon light came on and flashed on an off for about one minute and then went back out.

This happened a second time today under exactly the same circumstances and conditions.

The truck ran fine with no noticeable loss of performance, pinging, or anything else.

I continued to then drive 80 miles with no additional complications

I have never had the light come on before except when starting and all the lights come on as and then go out.

Does anyone have an idea what this is all about.

Thanks, Double Tap

Reply to
DBL Tap

Before anyone can give you much more than a well-educated guess you are going to have to read the codes stored in your truck's computer. I'm sure someone will be able to get close to the answer, but only the codes set in the ECM will tell you exactly why the light came on.

Take it to a local auto parts store that offers to read trouble codes for free. It will only take a few minutes.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race