Email adress's

What is it wih some people in this group posting there email as snipped-for-privacy@somthing.com ????? Why not just put your email address in. I am certified mechanic and I have not responded to alot of emails because I finr this to be a major pain, when you click reply in outlook it automatically pulls this address and assigns it to the reply and adds it your address book. If people are so worried about people emailing them things dont want or ask for why even post here??? Hope this doesnt upset anyone just voicing a real pet-peve of mine.

Reply to
JL

Shep

Because the spam bots harvest real addresses and we don't need more spam. Therefore, we munge our addy's, just as you should do.

I am certified mechanic and I have not responded to alot of

Most people don't want or expect personal answers in their inbox's. They post to the newsgroup and expect the answers to be posted to the newsgroup. Instead of hitting "reply", you should be hitting "reply group".

Hope this doesnt

Have a nice day

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

People do this because they do not like spam mail in their mailbox.

Reply to
Adam

Spam. Most use-net newsgourp posters do this, not just this group. I have a yahoo.com e mail address for news postings to keep my privet e mail address from getting spammed. I check the yahoo account every so often. 98% of the mail it gets is spam. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

I get spam weither not I use somthing different than my primary email address.

Reply to
Adam

As other's have noted, you cut down on the spam by not posting your real e-mail address. Often, you get people posting in here and wanting you to send the reply to their e-mail address because "they don't check the newgroups often". This is sheer laziness on their part, and I will respond in the group, but will not send something to their address. I'm always amazed at the laziness and selfishness of people on these newsgroups. It's an great resource, but some people just want quick answers delivered to their address. Nobody wants to put in the time anymore to research either their subject, or research how to effectively and wisely use the newsgroups.

You also should get in the habit of simply replying to the newsgroup. This is more helpful to a wider range of people then simply answering one person. And folks that ask for advice or help.....it helps everyone if you can take the time to post back and let everyone know what resolved your problems, if indeed they do get resolved.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

If I create a Yahoo or Hotmail address,will I still be able to access this group? How will I be able to do it? Not sure. I do get a lot of spam!

Reply to
Bill

I get spam in my roadrunner account, which I rarely use. My personial account is thru a website I have something to do with. Outside of Ebay, maybe 40 people have that address. Im not a member of any mailing lists,joke of the day lists, ect. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Yes you can still access the group. Thru your current ISP (internet Service Provider). You just set your outgoing newsgroup e mail address to your yahoo or hotmail address.

The headers will still list your ISP name, but not your e mail account at that isp. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig