Emission Test

I have a 97 5litre 1500 pickup and got a 56 on a limit of 65 ppm HC emission test and was wondering what might be causing the increased ppm on my vehicle. I know I could search elsewhere but I thought this group first.

Thanks Rob

Reply to
shovelhead

You passed but you want it cleaner?

Reply to
Luba Papageorgio

There is nothing wrong with that...I am not an environmentalist by the politically correct definition, but I see no reason not to take prudent actions to keep the environment the most beneficial to humans - especially if one's vehicle has started to emit more unburned hydrocarbons than it did previously. The OP didn't state what the HC content was at the previous test, but a significant increase could indicate a developing problem. I don't have the answer, but I respect his question.

Reply to
Ed H.