1995 Plymouth Neon wont pass emmissions test

I have a 1995 Neon with about 325000 KM engine rebuilt in 2000 (150000km) and Timing belt broke in NOV making the pistons hitting the valves so I got a used head.

It wont pass the Drive Clean test in Ontario

First Test ASM 2525 CURB IDLE LIMIT READING LIMIT READING HC PPM 75 163 FAIL 200 193 PASS CO% .42 .35 PASS 1.00 .41 PASS NO PPM 576 1401 FAIL

SECOND TEST HC PPM 75 264 FAIL 200 272 FAIL CO% .42 .46 FAIL 1.00 .27 PASS NO PPM 576 1556 FAIL

its a 2.0L SOHC

Thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris Z

from my experience you probably need a new catalytic converter. also did you do an oil change before the test. also consider a new pvc valve.

Reply to
u know who

PS don't buy a cat from Chrysler just goto a generic store and pick up a generic high flow I used one that had a flow rating for a 360 cubic inch engine. cost like 120 cad.

also reset the computer by disconnecting the power on the car for a few minutes. then drive nicely while seasoning the cat then 500 kms later take it to a retest.

Reply to
u know who

Reply to
David