Next Years event dates?

Any one know the dates of next years events?

Working Shifts I have to spy my chance and book hols early, especially given Billing is usually first week of the summer holidays....besides it's something to look forward to.

Main ones of Interest...

Donnington

Gaydon

The one after Gaydon at that parky place I never got to this year.

Billing

Trenthams replacement if there is going to be one.

Peterborough.

Lee D

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

Most are on my site - link in .sig (101fc one, not the other one)

I need to add Billing as I wasn't sure if we were doing it, but we are now :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On or around 4/10/03 9:05 pm, Mother using , in article ID snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, scribbled:

It's on the other one too :-)

Oh.

Reply to
Llandrovers

"Lee_D"

I can confirm the date for the Indoor 4x4 Show at Donington Park is Sunday 15th February 2004.

David LLAMA 4x4

Reply to
David_LLAMA4x4

Cheers Dave,

Count me in for this one, Given it's relatively close I'll be attending in Percy this year.... last time he was down that kneck of the woods he wheezed his way back along the A50 with a couple of tracotor tyres on board (trailer) , but that was in the days of the 2.25 :-)

He should be all painted up propper by then :-) and I'm right in the middle of rebuilding the carbs. This will also give me till May to get Morph something like. Just can't rush these things.

Lee D

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

At last!

A chance to use those half dozen spare 256MB memory chips for mi digital camera.

Bags first free ride, though. I've got my own parachute :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Yup I must make an effort and do some more piccys now I've a half decent digi cam. The ones on the Web diary are poor but beggars can't be choosers.

I'll have to do an update on the Percy Diary too. At the mo He's stranded mid driveway waiting on Carb jets as I've had to send one old one back with the incorrect new ones I was sent so that the Carb Guru can sort the replacements. Also needing the swivel pin but Rich is on the case for that.

P.S. if anyone has a pair of HS8's gathering dust please drop me a line , Percy is running on HS6's at the mo but they should be HS8's really. I'm also after a center seat box battery tray too if anyone has one gathering dust... now I've got an Air filter assembly the battery is in the way and I will also be looking at fitting power steering as a future project... I have the pump just need to sort the box.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

You mean a centre battery box like military landies have? My mate has one lying about at the mo as he is rebuilding his landy, so you can probably borrow it if you want to take a pattern to make your own?. I think he's putting it back on afterwards, but im not sure. Will ask..

Otherwise, you could probably go to Hinstock and see if they have one on their scrappers. They seem to have most things there! :)

If I were you i'd stick the battery under the passenger seat instead. Theyre a lot more out of the way there.

I had to move my battery when i put the 2.5 diesel in..

If you have a military chassis with the fuel tank outriggers on both sides you can just stick a flat shelf between the top of one outrigger and the bottom of another. This ends up being perfectly level. I did this on mine, and used an actual metal shelf from one of those bolt together units. Seems to work well. Can take you some pics if you like.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I did have the second petrol tank outrigger but I've cut it off as Percys Side outlet exhaust silencer sits right there now. I guess putting the battery here wouldn't be a good idea as it would cook the cells dry with the exhaust heat. So centre battery tray it is. If your mates up for a loan for a weekend I'd be most greatful as I've a few but's of Ally laying around at the mo and could do with some no expense incurred projects to pass the time while the Prep is done on Morph and Percys Carbs are being sorted ...I've just coughed up for the insurance and now bracing myself for Christmas...speaking of which Petlas are on back order at the mo. After Christmas I've Morphs Tax and Ins hence the spending lull at the mo.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I thought you'd all be "camping" at Billing on the weekend of the 29th/30th November for their Land Rover Christmas Market - you can book on line at the Land Rover Enthusiasts website.

Reply to
Nikki

- are children safe at Land Rover events?=================================================================

"Camping" at the end of "November"?

How's that work then?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Do we all mince around with pies?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Watch it, watch it!

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Sorry, cheap joke but couldn't resist.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I have *never* minced. And I'm not keen on mince pies either!

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Oi! Who says only Gay people can 'mince' anyway?

That's pure discrimination and supporting institutionalised stereotypes which act to disenfranchise and maintain the disproportionate balance of inequality and oppression.

I claim my right to 'mince' should I so desire.

(Actually, I used to live in the middle of the UK Gay Capital in Brighton, in the Two Piers Housing Co-op - Kemptown, or 'Camptown' as the locals used to call it. Never been safer, felt safer or had such a good time. I could probably give the best 'mincer' a challenge should I so desire - just ask Charlotte!).

I hate mince pies too, though... :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Can't say that the thought of camping at the end of November appeals to me. We went to Buxton at Easter once when Danielle was 4, Jessica was 3 and Joanne was 2 and Isaac a baby. Although it was quite fresh, it was bearable

- that was until it decided to take a turn for the worse. It snowed. The girls thought it was absolutely fantastic, that was until they went out in it and got cold and wet. I don't know what we would have done if it hadn't been for the TV, video recorder and a selection of videos.

Reply to
Nikki

I used to do the odd bit of climbing and once spent a rather uncomfortabl night 'camped' on the side of a mountain in Scotland.

I do mean, quite literally, on the side of the mountain.

It was cold, very, very cold. The tent might just as well not been there - it only stopped the snow coming in for a while... The snow carried on into the next day, at which point we gave up on the climb, packed everything away, and stayed at the local pub for the last two days and got somewhat ratarsed.

I may be getting old, or wise or simply 'nesh' (a Yorkshire term), but I'm happy with running water, flush toilet, a shower, cooker, central heating and a bit of space to spread out. Grumble offers everything other than the last on that list - so no crimbo shopping for me at Billing I'm afraid :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Don't blame you. That is why we have never ventured anywhere in a tent and bought the caravan - we have all of the above including radiators, instead of blown air heating.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around 5/10/03 10:40 pm, some cretinous moron, in article ID snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, scribbled:

Oh really?