EPROM

I'm looking for the part number to ask for when ordering a blank EPROM for a '90 chevy truck. This would just be for the EPROM, itself and not the case it fits into. I've ordered them before, but it has been a few years and I do not have the part number or dealer I used. There was a place in Wisconsin, if I remember right, where I made my last purchase. Can someone help me with this? In particular, if someone happens to know which one to order for a diesel, this would be helpful, as well (I understand the two chips have different mapping characteristics).

Thanks!

Reply to
Trail Shredder

If you are looking for blank EPROMs that you will be writing to you can use any 27C512 EPROM that can be picked up at any electronics supply house for a $1.00 each.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

Called digikey with that number and they said it wasn't enough info...something about the speed?

Reply to
Trail Shredder

It's really not critical, but they are 100ns. I've burned a lot of these and you'll find that you can use any 27C series 28-pin EPROM between 256K and 1024K as the data held is very limited. Also, I'm sure you're aware these EPROMs are UV erasable and you will need a burner to load data to the EPROM? If you have an EPROM burner and a UV eraser you can have loads of fun with these. Good luck.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz