Exhaust Question

Hey guys, I think I have decided on getting a '99 K1500 with the new body style.

It has stock exhaust and I want to put dual flow maters on it.. I'm pretty sure I am going to put on dual 40 series flowmasters with chrom exhaust tips.. ok all good going to cost about $400 total

my question is, I went and talked to people at 2 muffler shops here in town, and both of them said that they would not put a cross-over H pipe in.. one of them said it wasn't really necessary and the other said that with it being a new truck and so computer controlled, he would not mess with anything in front of the last o2 sensor.. so I guess what I really want to know is, do I need a H pipe in this thing? both of them said they would do one after the cats if I wanted.. but it doesn't do much good if it's not close to the engine does it?

All input welcome

TIA

Adair

Reply to