98 Towncar 4.6 headers/dual exhaust?

Hi,

I have a 98 Town car, completely factory. It has single exhaust.

I want to put on a complete exhaust system. Will aftermarket headers from a

4.6 Mustang 2V (MAC, BBK, etc) work with the towncar?

I see that no one makes dual exhaust systems for these cars, so I'll have to get an exhaust shop to customize for me using 2 chamber flowmasters, custom h-pipe with hi flow cats and 3" tips out the back. I think it will be a sweet setup.

Anyone have any experience or have this setup?

Thanks a lot,

Jason

Reply to
RioRedGT

No, sorry I don't have that kindof experience or that setup......but does sound pretty cool. And I bet it will sound pretty cool.

My 1983 grandmarquis has all stock....except.... a couple of years ago I managed to blow up my muffler. So we had dual exhaust put on. Then about a year ago the air pump croaked.....so we just took it off. And because of that we cut off the cats too and put some pipes in there. Even with stock type mufflers it sounds pretty good, and I had noticable performance increase.

Something I'd like to do (although it's a pretty crazy idea, and it'll probably never happen) is have 8 separate pipes to the back.....arranged in such a way that left to right is in the firing order.....so in the winter when it's cold.....might have a cool effect of water vapors condesing on the atmosphere in sequence. Although at high rpms probably wouldn't be able to tell.

Reply to
Robotnik

Reply to
Stan Kasperski