No brake Lights?

I have a 1998 Chevy K1500. The brake lights don't work, the two back tail lights and the light on the cab roof. I replaced the bulbs and that didn't do it. Check fuses and they are O.K. The brake lights are the only thing that I noticed that doesn't work. Everything else seems fine.Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Thanks for the help.

Reply to
2Dog

have you checked the brake light switch on the brake pedal?

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Reply to
2Dog

if the switch hasn't changed ( I have an '88) just pull straight down and unplug the harness. it will take a good amount of force to remove it.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Very common. Go to Chevy dealer and ask for a brake lite switch that connects to your brake pedal. I've changed mine 3 times already. Jim ps. about $15 bucks

Reply to
jim