Fuel tank question

I have one I have never seen. I have a 91 suburban with 150k on the clock (fuel pump, tank and lines original). This last weekend I noticed tar dripping from the gas tank. It appeared to be running down from the top of the tank. The truck is not undercoated, does not smell like leaking gas, the mileage is normal and drives normal. It really is tar. I was thinking the top of the tank was leaking but I don't smell gas and I can't figure where the tar is coming from. Has anybody seen this before?

thanks,

mark

Reply to
r_d

felix

That would make sense since it seems to only drip when the tank is full. I will check it.

thanks, mark

Reply to
r_d