Got a 4wd, 1/2T, '95-99 Suburban?

that came with factory LT tires? What is the recommended tire pressure on the door post? It is not listed in the manual and the RV group did nothing but argue over blowing apart rims by overinflating (like DUH!!!!!!!!) and claiming that the Suburban never came from the factory with LT tires as an option (they looked at NEW 2006 PICKUP OPTIONS) : ( Thanks.

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

If you want best possible handling and MPG run them at or near max pressure but if not, at least 35 PsI is they are LT tires.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

Mike:

My 1999 2500 'Burb has LT tires listed on the door jamb. 50 PSI front, 80 PSI rear. I put the recommended tire size on it when I bought it in 2004.

Take a look here--I think the 1500s came with "P" tires as OEM.

Mark "Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't"

Reply to
Mark Filice

That's over 10,000 lb. capacity!!!!!!!!

Yup. That is what I have. Load ratings for LT tires are much different than P tires. According to the Goodyear chart the P's have a capacity of

2005 lbs at 35 psi and the LT's are rated at only 1700.
Reply to
Mike Dobony

They also make "C" range 50 PSI LT tires as I have them on my 89 4x4 burb.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan
42psi all around is the factory recommendation on my factory michellin LT 1500 4x4.
Reply to
J Oat

Thanks! Quite different from the P-metrics.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

I bought my '99 Suburban 2500 in 2004 from a local Volkswagen dealer. In negotiating with them, I had noticed that they had put these little "P" tires on it. I believe they had a max load rating of 1600 lbs..

That wasn't even enough capacity to cover the curb weight of the 'Burb. So I pointed out to them that this was an unsafe condition and I was going to have to have the tires changed immediately. I bought it to tow a travel trailer, so the tire change was mandatory.

So I got them to take $600 off the price of the 'Burb so I could get the correct Load Range "E" tires as specified in the door jamb.

I had the tires put on it the weekend after I took it home.

Mark

1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500, 7.4L, 3.73 gears "Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't"
Reply to
Mark Filice