Tire pressures 95 Suburban

Recently acquired 1995 Suburban 1500 15" rims 235/70. The sticker on the drivers door is faded to the point the tire pressure is not readable. Would one of you folks provide me this info?

Thanks in advance,

Gordon
35 lbs
Reply to
Sigwings

The tires will actually have this information written right on them. If not, I'm sure a quick google.com search with the name and size of the tire will reveal this information.

As people change brand/size of tires on a vehicle, it's difficult to match the tires presure using the type of vehicle.

Reply to
Todd Copeland

The tire will just have the max pressure on it, or maybe a range, but not the vehicle-specific pressure.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

That's true Doc assuming the vehicle has the same type of tire on it the manufacturer installed. But if it had P235/ 70 15 when new and has LT

235/70 15 now would you use the same pressure, or if the reverse is true P's instead of LT's would you use the recommended pressures? Also, new the vehicle came with P235/75 15. Wider tires usually need tire pressure tweaking to ensure proper life, factory ratings are usually too low, and result in out side tread wearing prematurely, as well as making the vehicle more prone to hydroplaning on wet roads. Whitelightning
Reply to
Whitelightning

Any where from 32 to 35 lbs is fine for radials unless you get into heavy 3500 sized pickups where the pressure jumps up to 50-60.

Reply to
Randd01

35 psi is a safe bet for any P or LT tire on an empty or loaded vehicle. If I had a ton of gravel in the back I'd crank up my Load E LT's to 55 lbs or so, but that's a different story.

For everyday driving, you can't go wrong with 35 psi.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"