I know this is not a chev but the stuck ups..

on the ford forums won't help or give rude replies.. That's ford owners for ya LOL Can anyone tell me what the symptoms of a ballast resistor ?.. I have a 1994 Mustang 3.8 (JUNK I know) it starts and runs not bad but I can't rev the engine or do squat till it runs for about 3 min ?... it feels like it is missing bad.. Could the resitor be causing it ?. it is pretty green looking in the wire going in and looks like it is about to break.. thanx for any help.. If I offended anyone for posting this on the chev 4x4 site I am sorry also.. I own a 1981 3/4 chev 4x4 as well if it makes you happy :) Thanx

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

perhaps u have some corrosion in your cables, check them out.

Reply to
mudmonkey

You might checl plugs, wiring and timing and maybe fuel as well because if it is over rich for a bit it will run very poorly

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Not likely since a 94 Mustang doesn't have a ballast resistor.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

That just keeps noise out of the radio

Reply to
abomb69

A condenser. And if you don't know the difference between -it- and a ballast resistor, you probably don't have the necessary knowledge to fix this heap.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

81 and up Chevys have noise reduction condensers in the distributor, in the alternator, on the tachometer circuit bolted to the firewall and occasionally on the HVAC blower motor, Corvettes can also have them across the brake light switch, the turn signal switch, the blower switch, etc. and they all look just like the one on your Ford.

Which makes your statement "looks like the old ballast resistors.." even more strange.

Sounds like one of Snoman's answers...

Gee, I walked out of a Chevy dealership after 8 years into a Ford dealership and within a month, I was their top producer. After 3 years I rolled my tool box 2 doors away to the Chrysler-Plymouth dealership as their head driveability mechanic. No difference between Chevy electrons and Ford electrons.

If you're in doubt about the device in question, unplug it, since it only serves as a noise (static) filter, it is not needed for the engine to run.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

YoU. DiD..?

HoPeFuLlY. yOu. CoOk. BeTtEr. ThAn. YoU. FiX. cArS..

TrY. rEaDiNg. A. bAsIc. AuToMoTiVe. TeXt. BoOk. InStEaD..

a. BiT. eArLy. FoR. BeD. bUt. ThAnKs. AnYwAy..

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Just ignore this guy as "aarcuda" is a lengend in his own mind and a first class troll too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

What's a "lengend"?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I'm pretty sure I'm not a "lengend" in my mind or anyone else's. (anyone know what a "lengend" is?)

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Where there is one troll, soon anther will appear I see.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

What's an "anther?"