which bit is the coolant sensor ?

Hi, can anyone help me find the coolant sensor on my ford Fiesta (1994

1.1 HCS) ? I've looked in the haynes manual to find where it is but there are a lot of bits back there and I cant figure out which it is. I need to test it as my fiesta wont start even though batt is fine, the same thing happened a year ago but the mechanic said he replaced the sensor and it all worked ok until now.

Any help appreciated as would any tips on fixing it with a resistor which i've heard can trick it into working...

Reply to
catspyjamas

Chapter 3.6.13 says it's below the inlet manifold.

The spec says

0 degrees C 89 -103 kohms 20 " 35 - 40 kohms 100 " 1.9 - 2.5 kohms 120 " 1.0 - 1.4 kohms

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Hi, thanks for getting back, there are a few things just below the inlet manifold but I cant tell which it is. Could you describe its precise location out of these things for me? or is everything there considered the coolant sensor?

Many thanks for any help

Andy Cap wrote:

Reply to
catspyjamas