locating brake switch in 88 chev

After reading about people with much the same problem, I was wondering if someone could tell me where to find the "brake switch" in this truck. Sounds as if it is the culprit. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
derekpigeon1 via CarKB.com

Greetings,

On my former '88 Chevy C1500 the brake light switch was mounted up under the dash next to the arm for the brake pedal. The switch had a pivoting arm that attaches to the brake pedal arm and swings to activate the lights as the pedal is pressed. IIRC, the switch wore out after about 180k miles because the lever no longer opened the switch contacts when the brake pedal was released.

It takes only about 1-2 minutes to locate it and about 10-15 minutes to replace.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan