Door jamb switch, 1999 F250

Could someone tell me where the door jamb switch is hidden on my '99 F250SD extended cab? I've got the door ajar light on all the time and I'm hoping that is the culprit, if I can find it anyway.

Many thanks Jason

Reply to
Jason S

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:04:37 +0000, Jason S rearranged some electrons to form:

In the door latch.

Reply to
David M

If its the same as the F350 extended cab, it's in the back door,at the latch mechanism and it's a piece of black plastic that's depressed when the two door meet. If the arm is broken off (would seem easy to do), then the lights will stay on

Reply to
beblount

It's a part of the lock. I had the same problem. I blew out the lock w/ some air, then sprayed in some white grease. Others will say to use WD-40. I prefer the white grease.

Agave /Salud, dinero, amor y tiempo para disfrutarlos/

01 F350 PSD Crew Dually
Reply to
Agave

OK, I've got the same problem, but the piece of plastic is still intact and seems functionsl. Do I need to remove the latch mechanism from the door? Then what? Look for broken wire / bad connection?

TIA,

James

Reply to
James

do yourself a favor, and go get a quality can of spay lube (liquid wrench, wd40) and soak the hell out of your door latches. the switches are now internal to the door latches, and they are probably sticking.

Reply to
pkurtz2